Saturday, October 8, 2016

Journey to acne free : How to get rid of acne 01

I have been struggling with acne for 4 years now. I remember when I got this part time job at a fast food restaurant I started having acne. I haven't been working there for a year now but still after stopping working there I still had acne. 

3 month ago I started to read more about acne and do more research about it. I found out that acne has to do with what is going on in your gut. It's what is going on inside of you. I tried to use some products that were promising to get rid of acne but they all didn't work until I focused on what I was putting in my body. I was reading a book my Daymond John " The Power Of Broke " and he interviewed the owner of Proactiv Linda and she said something very interesting that opened my eyes. She said - “It’s a ‘one of’ business,” she explains, using another term you hear frequently in the specialty retail space—as in, “I’ll take just ‘one of’ this and ‘one of’ that.” “But acne’s not curable,” she explains, “so if you buy ‘one of’ on one visit, you’ll be back thirty days later to buy another ‘one of.’ ”


In this post I just wanted to share with you guys what I have been using or stop using that has made my acne less than they used to be. Now I can go days without any spots on my face.

Things I stopped consuming are:

Dairy products - Anything that has dairy in it I stopped consuming it. I make sure that for example if I buy ready made foods I check the ingredients and make sure that they do not contain dairy (cheese, milk etc. ) I have substituted cow milk with coconut milk. I love it. When I stopped consuming milk at all I became vitamin b12 deficiency.


Goat milk - I tried to use goat milk but goat milk made my acne worse so I will never use it again.

Nuts - I don't eat nuts anymore I thought that it was peanuts that gave me acne but actually most of the nuts give me acne. Cashews, almonds etc. Even almond milk.

Processed foods - I try to minimise my processed food intake and eat more fresh and organic foods.

Multivitamins - I tried to take multivitamin supplements and it triggered my acne

Products that helped me to get rid of acne are:

Water - I drink a lot water 1.5L is the minimum. I don't drink sodas and a lot of juices. I am a fan of coconut water so sometimes I drink that.

Antibiotics - I started taking antibiotics and I have seen tremendous progress. Antibiotics works for acne. The antibiotics need to have 10 billion or more bacteria's and also the bacteria's need to be guaranteed after manufacturer not just at the time of manufacturing. I am currently taking 20 billion antibiotics and the bacteria are guaranteed after manufacture.



Organic apple cyder vinegar - I add a little bit of vinegar in my water and drink it. I also mix vinegar with water and wash my face after I have washed my face with a face wash that I use.

Oats and lemon mask - I mix oats with lemon and a little bit of water to clean my face. This mask is the best facial mask I have tried. I try to use it every 3 days.

Washing my face twice a day - I wash my face in the morning and before I sleep. I sometimes wash more for example if I work out or after I finish cooking.


Washing my actual pillow and also change my pillow case at least every three days.

It is not easy but if you decide to focus on it and do more research about it and also study your own body. Everyone is different you need to test different things to know what works for you and what doesn't. I am still learning and doing more research about it and also study my own body. The next thing I want is to focus on how to get rid of acne scars. 



A book by Nicole Evans is worth to give it a read. I got mine from kindle for free

Mumtaz Express inc © 2009-2017