Monday, January 16, 2017

How I Lost 10kg Became Lean and Canceled My Gym Membership


Have you been trying to lose weight or maintain weight? You ar not the only one. I hope that I will be able to give you some ideas that you can implement.

Today I want to share with you guys how I lost 10KG within a year, became lean and also canceled my gym membership and have been able to maintain it for 2 years now. I know what you are thinking now haha but it's true. I went from 65kg to 53kg, I'm 5'4.

Losing weight is definitely not easy but I'll tell you exactly how I lost mine.

I met my husband and he explained to me how food really works. I used to avoid chicken and eat just white rice haha I had no clue that it should've been the opposite way. So he explained to me about carbs and protein. I went and done my research and found out about paleo diet (make sure that you always do your own research) 

I tried paleo diet but adjusted it here and there. I checked which foods were making me feel for example bloated even though if they were in paleo diet I excluded them from my diet. I increased my water intake. It's amazing how not enough water we drink. I formed a habit of not consuming soda or any soft drinks. If I really really need something sweet to drink I drink coconut water. I eat a lot in a day but I eat in small portions. I eat mostly veggies (my favorite are broccoli & Spinach. In my next post I will share with guys my meal plan and the ingredients I use. I eat a lot of chicken and fish. I try to eat red meat only once a week. I changed the way I snack, now I snack on fruits (some might argue and say that they are high in sugar but they've worked perfectly on me) try and see for yourself if it works or not. The fruits I mostly snack on are grapes. I admit I'm addicted to them. In place of snacking on crisps and so called healthy cereal bars which are full of refined sugar it's better to just snack on natural sugar snacks.

I turned a small area in our house into a gym. My husband had a pull-up bar from a friend so I made sure that I was using that a lot and also where we live there is an area where people jog, so I made use of that. I bought weights so that I could do my squats at home and recently we bought a cross trainer because we are both not fan of jogging and got lazy to go outside but cardio is super important so we made sure that we got that a cross trainer. We also bought a workout bench this is good for crunches and bicep workouts (I stopped doing bicep workouts). I also have a skipping rope and do some body weight workouts which I will share with you guys in my next post.

Here are THREE things I want to leave with you today and hope that they might help you in a way....

First what you need is knowledge. You need to do your own research and then try and see what works and what doesn't for you. 

After, you need to change your mindset. You need to know the reason why you are doing it so that you can motivate yourself daily and believe that it will be possible.

You also need to have patience and you need to be consistent and change your lifestyle in general so you need to understand that diets don't really work. What works is lifestyle change. Nobody told me this before until I figured it out myself.

#BONUS TIP eat healthy foods that you like, add some seasonings to give them a taste so that your food is not boring.

In my next post I'll share with you guys my meal plan and workout plan.

And btw leave a comment below if you have any questions or would like to share your story about weight loss. or send email to askingmumtaz@gmail.com if you need any help with your workout, meal plan or anything else.



Mumtaz Express inc © 2009-2017